MYAA Parents, we are excited to begin the 2021 spring baseball season on Saturday 3/6 with IB Player Evaluations! Thank you for being a part of the Mountville organization and for everything that you do to support your player and MYAA.
This page contains some key information, please ensure that you especially review the information about mandatory waiver forms outlined on this page.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions/concerns at [email protected].
Due to the current Covid-19 situation we have altered Player Evaluations in the following ways to ensure that every family is comfortable and safe. These steps will limit possible Covid-19 exposure and allow for proper contact tracing.
- Any player/volunteer who is displaying any symptoms of illness and/or has a fever of 100.4 or higher must refrain from attending all MYAA functions (including Player Evaluations).
- We are assigning players to specific groups and limiting group sizes.
- Each group will enter and exit through different areas of the building to avoid contact.
- Each group will have staggered start/end times to avoid contact.
- Temperature checks will be required for every player and volunteer as they enter the building.
- Masks will be required for all players and volunteers at all times.
- Cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer will be on-site and routine use highly recommended.
- No parents/guardians/spectators are allowed inside the building. Only MYAA players and MYAA volunteers will be allowed inside the building during Player Evaluations.
- Restrooms are open but water fountains are closed. Please bring sufficient drinking supplies.
- The Sports Plex Velocity staff is doing daily cleaning of high-touch areas and disinfecting areas of the facility frequently throughout the day.
Remember, any player/volunteer who is displaying any symptoms of illness and/or has a fever of 100.4 or higher must refrain from attending all MYAA functions (including Player Evaluations).
If any player/volunteer is exposed to a Covid-19 positive person (at school, work, home, etc):
- The player/volunteer must refrain from attending all MYAA activities (including Player Evaluations) and quarantine for 14 days (isolation from other family members should be practiced as well). The next day after the date of exposure counts as “day 1.” The player may not return until after day 14 (so on day 15 they are eligible to return).
A player/volunteer may expedite their return if:
- They are displaying zero symptoms (including no elevated temperature).
- They take a Covid-19 test after day 5 from the date of exposure (the next day after the date of exposure counts as “day 1”).
- If their Covid-19 results are negative, then they may return after day 7 (the next day after the date of exposure counts as “day 1”) from the date of exposure (so on day 8 they are eligible to return).
IB Player Evaluations Location:
Player Evaluations are now held at Sports Plex Velocity (an indoor baseball facility) in Silver Spring PA (West Hempfield Township) each year.
The address is: 3545 Marietta Ave Suite DD, Lancaster, PA 17601 (behind Caruso's Italian Restaurant & Pizza Shop)
IB Player Evaluation Times:
Players are separated into different groups for player evaluations, below is an evaluation schedule for every group.
After checking your player in at the front desk, you will need to give the MYAA staff your player's shirt size, hat size, and 3 jersey number options... A sizing chart is attached to this email for your review prior to the event and please discuss jersey number options with your player prior to the event as well.
Last Names A-J (Group 1): 9:45am arrive at the main door (Evaluations begin at 10:00am)... This group will be dismissed shortly before 11:00am via the side door.
Last Name K-Z (Group 2): 10:45am arrive at the main door (Evaluations begin at 11:00am)... This group will be dismissed shortly before 12:00pm via the side door.
IB Players should bring/wear the following to Evaluations:
- Baseball Hat
- Sneakers (no cleats, this is an indoor facility)
- Baseball Pants or Athletic (Sweat) Pants are recommended
- Baseball Glove
- Baseball Bat
- Baseball Helmet is recommended
- A drink!
IB Player Team Announcements:
After Player Evaluations, the next contact that your family will receive from MYAA will be from your Spring Season Head Coach... We take the Player Evaluation process very serious and our goal is to place every player on the correct spring team for them to continue to develop and grow as a player. MYAA puts a lot of time and resources into our evaluation process to ensure that it is fair and consistent for all players.
It typically takes 1 or more weeks for MYAA to review all the evaluation scores, identify head coaches, and then create team rosters. We do NOT announce teams until after all the teams have been finalized.
Mandatory Covid-19 Waiver (all IB and Tball Baseball parents must complete):
Waiver Form Link: https://form.jotform.com/210116749047049
- All participants must have a Covid-19 waiver form completed prior to Saturday (3/6), this waiver is for MYAA/LCYBL.
- If you have multiple players at the Travel Baseball level, then you must complete the waiver multiple times (one for each player).
Please feel free to contact us with any questions/concerns at [email protected]. Thank you!
Dylan Weagly - Baseball Commissioner
Jake Hodge - Assistant Baseball Commissioner